Monday, July 14, 2014

Product Spotlight: Supergoop! Sun-Defying Sunscreen Oil Broad Spectrum SPF 50



Ever since I finished my cycle of Accutane (Claravis), my skin has been uber sensitive. Anyone that has ever gone through this treatment will know what I'm talking about! But for those of you who haven't, and simply have sensistive skin...this pertains to you too!

It is the summer and I am out in the sun more frequently than usual. This calls for extra SPF! This is a problem with my sensitive skin...I find that anything over an SPF of 15 burns and irritates my skin. I've tried lotions and sprays of all kinds, but all to the same end - angry skin! I started seeing advertisements and posts about Sunscreen Oils. These got me interested. I use a lot of skincare oils for my face and body and my skin LOVES them! I figured a sunscreen oil might be just as well recieved, so I took off to my local Sephora.

There were 2 I was interested in after reading about them: Clarins Sunscreen Care Oil Spray Broad Spectrum SPF 30 and the SUPERGOOP! Sun-Defying Sunscreen Oil Broad Spectrum SPF 50. I initially went in looking for the Clarins version, but didn't see it in store and couldn't find it in stock online. So, I set my sights on the SUPERGOOP! spray. I found this on the Sephora website and it was cheaper than the Clarins one with a higher SPF - bonus!

I used this for 10 days while I was on vacation last week and it performed beautifully without irritating my skin! It went on nicely and sunk in right away. I wasn't left with that icky suntan lotion stickiness on my body either. I HATE that! I applied it once a day and never burned. I do have a naturally pigmented skin, so I tend to tan very easily with very little sun, but as I've aged I have burned more. This sunscreen oil kept the burn away and left me with nicely colored skin that was perfectly conditioned. There is a very very subtle scent, but nothing you'd notice after applying, so even my husband liked it!

All in all, I will definetly be repurchasing this and I'd recommend it to anyone with a sensitive skin that leans toward the dry side.

Have you tried a sunscreen oil? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment