Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Bathroom Beauty Storage

I was voted Most Likely to Organize the World in high school. So, it will probably come as no surprise that I love to organize my beauty products. Under my bathroom sink, it used to look like a drug store had blown up, so something had to be done! This is the organization I have come up with, and right now it's working for me very well. I'm sure things will change a hundred times over before it's all said and done, but I thought this might help you guys.

I subscribed to Glossy Box for a while and had all of these amazing, high quality boxes left over. I wanted to use them for something worth while, so I put them to work as my bathroom beauty storage. I also use empty Bath & Body Works 3-Wick Candle jars and random baskets. You don't need to spend a lot of money in your organization projects. Repurpose things you already have. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

Coutertop Storage


Here are the things I tend to use everyday. I keep my morning skincare items right by my sink so they are at hand. It makes my morning skincare routine go by that much quicker when I am groggy and bleary eyed. Behind my skincare bits, I keep a random metal basket which houses all of the makeup items I am using that week. Some are new items I am testing out, and some are just my go to makeup picks. My eyelash curlers and tweezers are stuffed in there too so they are easy to find. The last thing on this side of my sink is my toothbrush and toothpaste. I prefer to use my electric toothbrush when I'm at home and take a manual one when I travel, but I always use this Aquafresh Extreme Clean toothpaste. It's my favorite!


On the right hand side of my sink, I like to keep all of my cleansers so I can grab whatever my skin is in need of that day. I also have a Bath & Body Works Foaming Hand Soap (I am obsessed with all things lemon, if you didn't already know.), my tangle teezer, tissues, and a repurposed empty candle jar full of hair care items that I'm currently trying out. There is also a random box of hair color (the John Freida Precision Foaming color is my favorite drug store hair color)...I've been meaning to color my hair for a week now, but just can't get motivated.

Under Sink Storage


I know there is nothing as glamorous as under sink storage, but it's pretty much all I have in the way of cabinets in my bathroom so it'll have to do. I made the most of the space I had to work with and stacked empty beauty subscription boxes and labeled them to make it easy to find what I was looking for. I keep other random extras in whatever space if left (ie. the sneaky bars of soap and a backup hand soap).


I have 2 little ledges (I hasten to call them shelves because they are to shallow to hold much of anything.) inside my cabinet that I use to keep bigger items. Here on the left hand side, I keep my makeup brushes, M.A.C. brush cleaner, backup hand sanitizers, and my larger backup hand creams. I also have a tiny little clay dish I got from a Renaissance Festival years ago that I keep my rings in.


On the right hand side, I keep a super random bunch of things like my sonic jewelry cleaning device and the cleaning fluid, rubbing alcohol, baby shampoo that I use to deep clean my makeup brushes, a Mario Badescu Drying Lotion (because it needs to be stored standing up), my collection of empty Lush pots waiting to be turned in for a FREE Fresh Face Mask (almost there!), an oil free eye makeup remover that I got strictly to use with false lashes (which I have yet to wear), a spare deodorant (Secret Invisible Solid is my fave one), some Vaseline, and my perfume stash which, at the moment, is rather sad (Stella is almost gone, and I am so so sad about this! I WILL be repurchasing ASAP).


Here in the middle of the cabinet, I have my labeled repurposed Glossy Boxes! This makes me so happy...I know it's strange, but it really does! I have skin, hair, and body care bits on the left. A random box (repurposed Birchbox) of fragrance samples, my basket for empties, and some Up & Up Makeup Wipes in the center. And all of my makeup bits on the right.


I tend to keep all of my full sized and also sample sized items together in these boxes. So whatever I'm not using on the daily, I keep here. I love looking through these from time to time (shopping my stash, if you will), because I always find things I forgot I had and it's like I've really been shopping!


Finally, I have a large basket that I keep all of my bath products in. This sits right in front of all of my Glossy Boxes under the sink. Everything is right here when I am wanting to take a bath. If I can see it, I am more likely to use it. Plus, the smell that comes wafting out every time I open this cabinet is AH.mazing!

That is how I organize all of my beauty bits in my bathroom. It is the best I can do with minimal cabinet and drawer space, but I think it works pretty well for me.

I'd love to know how you store beauty items in your bathroom. If you care to share, tweet me pics @sauceymama!

2 comments:

  1. These are all great ideas, and I like that they are all using things I could probably find around the house somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am very into repurposing things:)

      Delete