Tuesday, December 3, 2013

November Empties: Lots of Tea


I know I've been away for a bit, but the holiday season is upon us and I've been scrambling to get myself ready, but in the meantime the Winter weather has arrived! Cold temps and dry air...I went through a lot of hot tea, lip balm, and body butters. Here are the products I used up and some mini reviews.

Harney & Sons Royal Wedding Tea - $20.00
I'm not going to go on anymore about this tea. I am already on my second 50 sachet bag. It's my FAVE, we all know this...a little agave nectar, a little unsweetened almond milk - done. Get some! (I just noticed the 50 sachet bag is out of stock on their website - WHYYYY!?)

Fortune Cookie Soap You're Insecure, Donut What For..." #fall Milk Bath - $12.99 (scent no longer available)
I signed up for the Fortune Cookie Soap Box in the Spring and I am slowly getting through the sample sized bath and body products I've gotten in them through the year. This one was in the Fall Soap Box. They don't have this scent on their website anymore, but if you want to try the product itself, they have other scents. I have a pretty big bathtub, so I think I could have used more, but it was nice smelling and feeling in the water. I do like a good milk bath.

Fortune Cookie Soap "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" Whipped Cream - $10.99 (scent no longer available)
Again, I got this little pot in the Summer Soap Box, so they don't have this scent any longer. I've been trying to get through all of my sample sized products before I use full size products in my stash, and I have a huge back stock of body butter and lotions...I did really like the scent of this whipped cream, but I just don't like the formula that much. It feels really nice when you put it on, but it would kind of ball up on the backs of my hands once I'd rubbed it in. I'm not sure if it was just mine that did that, but the ones I got in the Spring and Fall boxes did the same thing. I was sad since I do like their products a lot!

Nivea A Kiss of Mint & Minerals - $2.99
I've already gone on about the Nivea lip balms also, so I'll just say I've already repurchased 2 more tubes of this stuff to have on hand for the Winter months. It's cheap, easy to get ahold of, and does the job.

Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara - $19.00
I got this sample sized tube of mascara as a Sephora perk a while back and just didn't want to part with it. The wand is absolutely ginormous (I may have poked myself straight in the eye when applying once.), but it gives me the most amazing lashes and doesn't clump. I even used it well past it's expiration I'm sure and it never really flaked on me. I do plan to repurchase this mascara, but I've been getting through some drug store tubes first - waste not want not.

Bath & Body Works White Citrus Fragrance Mist - $14.00
Alright, this was the never ending bottle of fragrance mist! I seriously have  had this same exact bottle since before I moved to my present house over 7 years ago...I just never finished it....I have never been loyal to fragrance. I always say I will be with each new bottle, but I always stray. Sorry! That's just the way it is...and sometimes (as with this one) I just never get around to finishing it. I finally committed to wrapping this one up - with a strict one in, one out policy. I have to say, I was very relieved with I got that last spritz out. It was nice, but on to the next big thing!

Slatkin & Co. Leaves Candle - $20.00 (Slatkin & Co. no longer on the website)
Yet another product I bang on about time after time. I love this candle, and I will continue to love this candle until they change the formula too much. I currently have a few backups in my stash that I'm hording...Go have a sniff.

Harney & Sons White Christmas Tea - $8.50
Did I say I'm in love with Harney & Sons yet? Oh...well...I'll say it again; I'm kind of in love with you Harney & Sons. I know we just recently met, but call me, maybe?

Oh yeah, White Christmas tea...good stuff! It kind of reminds me of my beloved Royal Wedding, but just a tad bit lighter and not quite as almondy. It is also a white tea and I believe has some white camomile in it. I'm not usually a big camomile lover, but in this it just works.

Olay Refreshing Nectarine Fresh Moisture Body Wash - $5.99
I'm really into the Olay Silk Whimsy Moisturizing Body Wash, but I couldn't find it in store last time I needed body wash, so I picked this one up. It was warmer out and I figured I could do without the more creamy wash. I was wrong...I LOVE the scent of this one, but it has a gel texture and it's just not quite as moisturizing on my skin. It did the job, but I will be going back to a more creamy moisturizing one next!

Nastassja Skin Natural Beauty Age Defy Eye Cream - $40.00
Another.Never.Ending.Product! I thought this tiny pot of eye cream would be a breeze to get through...I was wrong! It lasted me for 5.5 months! You only need a tiny amount of this. It is good, but not great. I used this at night since it was a bit on the thick side (which I enjoy). I'd say this would be great for mature/dry skin. I used it while on Claravis and it definitely kept my under eyes hydrated and didn't irritate my skin. I love eye creams, so I am sure I will be perpetually on the hunt for a holy grail product in this category. I don't mind paying some money for a good one, but at $40.00, this one didn't seem to fit the price tag.

I'd love to know what you used up, or if you've tried any of these products. Oh, and if you try Harney & Sons tea let me know what you think in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment